Dog

Dog

Friday 20 January 2017

Creativity Challenge Week 3

Blog 3

This is week three of my creativity challenge to create art on every day in January. I have to admit that I did the best I could this week, but I was not able to create art every day. I had to prepare for a certification at work which meant a lot of studying. It was a very stressful week. I was even tempted to just throw in the towel with regard to the challenge, but being creative took some of the stress away - at least for the time a was busy drawing or painting.

In this blog, you see my creations of days 13 - 19. 


Day 13

I started the week strong with four sketches that I created during the Ottawa Little Theatre production “Other Desert Cities”.







Day 14

I continued working on my squirrel, but the changes are so slight that you would not see them on a photo. I hope, I will be able to present you with the finished squirrel finally by next week.


Day 15

Since we had visitors at our house, I did not find the time to sit down and create an artwork.


Day 16

As the students of for my first “Cartooning and Comics” class of the week wanted to learn how to draw a lynx, I created a drawing of a lynx. The first image shows you the simple shapes my drawing is based on.





















Day 17

To prepare for my second “Cartooning and Comics” class of the week, I created drawings of the Pokémon characters Fennekin and Froakie. I am not a Pokémon fan, but I had fun drawing the cheerful characters. 




 Day 18

Even though I did not create an artwork, I encouraged my students from the “Cartooning and Comics” class to create images of the Pokémon character Fennekin.
















  



Day 19

Finally, I had time to go to my studio and continue the work on my double portrait of our dogs Candy and Alex. Candy died 2 ½ years ago. For a very long time after her death, I was not able to work on the portrait. Now, I find it hard to remember the colour of her eyes or the exact hue of her fur. I have reference photos but the camera often changes the colours. I know that these slight discrepancies only matters to me but they upset me. If I am in doubt with regard to the colouring of Alex’ fur, I can just walk up to him and check.






If you would like some company while creating art and are interested in felting, I would like to invite you to the felting drop-in every fourth Thursday of the month. The next one is on January 26, from 1:30 to 3:30pm. If you already have your own materials and projects, you can just join to socialize. If you need instruction, I will provide you with materials and help with the realization of some project ideas for a fee of $25. Please let me know by January 23, 2017 if you plan to come, and whether or not you need materials. For more information please contact me at kpeters@domingoinformatics.ca or go to my website www.KerstinPeters.ca.

No comments:

Post a Comment