Dog

Dog

Friday 15 December 2017

Advent Calendar - Day 9 - 15

Blog 51

This week is already the second week of  my count-down to Christmas. In this blog, I show you the entries for day 9 - 15.

Day 9:









The 8” x 10” oil painting “The Old Hut at Pointe-aux-Orignaux” from this year's painting trip to the Kamouraska region is my second painting of the subject. The first painting called "The Green Shed" from the 2009 trip hangs in the Rockland Museum. Unfortunately, I do not have a good picture of the first painting.


Day 10: 


“Jessie Blue” is a 16” x 20” acrylic painting of the beautiful ragdoll cat with the same name. It was a commissioned work. I enjoyed painting her very much, but the best part was seeing the joy of her owner when she saw the painting.

For more information about the painting and the process of creations, I encourage you to go to read the following blog: https://kerstinpeterspaintingblog.blogspot.ca/…/Jessie%20Bl….


 Day 11:


The 10" x 20" oil painting “Kamouraska Sunset” is my first plein air painting of a sunset. It was amazing how fast the scene changed. Capturing the essence was a challenge, but the fact that our whole group was painting together was so much fun.

If you missed my travelogue of this year's trip to Kamouraska, please go to  https://kerstinpeterspaintingblog.blogspot.ca/2017/09/painting-trip-to-kamouraska-2017-part-1.html for the first part.


Day 12:



“Canada 150th Tulip” is an 11.5” x 8.5” felted version of the artwork I created as a demo painting for my painting parties. I love the tulip that was grown for Canada`s 150th anniversary. The one in my artwork has the advantage that it will never wither.








Day 13: 


The last painting I finished so far this year is the painting of this summer's paint-out at the Cumberland Heritage Village Museum. The 10” x 8” acrylic painting “The Essence of Summer” was not an easy painting. I was struggling with the gazebo for a while, wishing I had just painted the flowers. The top of the painting has undergone some major changes. At one point I had attempted to put the ceiling in, but was very unhappy with the result on my canvas.


 Day 14:


The 10” x 20” oil painting “View from Notre-Dame-du-Portage” was my second painting of the same panorama. The first painting was the 12” x 24” oil painting ”St. Lawrence Panorama” that I created in 2010.


Day 15:


"Luscious Greens” is a 12” x 9” acrylic painting of part of the Humanics Institute Sculpture park that I started on site. However, after about two hours, the mosquito repellent lost its effectiveness and we decided to call it a day. I finished the painting looking into the woods of our property. Due to the amount of rain we had everything is so luscious and green.


If you are enjoying my blog, please forward it to family and friends. Thank you for helping me to increase my audience.  

No comments:

Post a Comment