Dog

Dog

Friday 19 January 2018

Creativity Challenge - Week 3

Blog 3

This week, I struggled to make time for my creative projects. My plan was to shut off all electronic devices by 9pm, which I did not manage to do this week at all. I had to deal with a couple of private issues plus I needed to do a lot of marketing and administrative work for upcoming shows and courses. However, I was determined to spend at least 30 minutes on my projects, which I managed on all but one day when I spent just 10 minutes felting a couple of inner petals of my water lily. More often than not, I only squeezed in the time right before going to bed. It was definitely not what I had hoped. It is hard to break old patterns, but I I am determined to make some creative time every day a priority.


I continued working on my water lily, which is still not completely finished. It takes quite a long time to felt all the little petals of the centre of the flower.

When our 12 year old Australian Shepherd was not able to walk for two days at the beginning of the week, I got worried that I would not be able to finish my big project of felting him with his own fur, and started working on this body again. Right now, it looks like a big brownish wool sausage.


I also spent one evening preparing the first class of the “Cartooning and Comics” course that I teach at François Dupuis Recreation Centre in Orléans. Inspired by the current DreamWorks Animation Exhibition at the Museum of History in Gatineau, we drew Toothless from "How to Train a Dragon". If you love the DreamWorks characters, I can highly recommend visiting the exhibition that runs until April 8, 2018.

On Sunday, I also led a Vision Board Workshop; we had lots of fun. As all the boards are showing very private goals and dreams, I will not post any photos, but I will share with you some of the words that resonated with me on my vision board: endless colours, on the way of passion, beauty, animal portraits, beauty, bloom, exploring, as well as order and off the beaten track. These are some very interesting inspirations for the year 2018. It will be interesting to see what opportunities arise. One exciting opportunity is my participation in the new exhibition at Da Artisti Studio & Gallery in Cumberland. I am very happy to let you know that I was chosen to be one of the artists for their new exhibition.

If you live in the Ottawa area, I would like to invite you to the vernissage at Da Artisti Studio & Gallery next Friday, January 26, 2018 from 3 to 9pm at 2565 Old Montreal Rd, Cumberland, K4C 1A1.

No comments:

Post a Comment