Dog

Dog

Friday 23 February 2018

Creativity Challenge - Week 8

Blog 8

During the past week, I sketched, felted, knitted, and even painted.

It all started with some sketching during the Ottawa Little Theatre performance of “Dead Accounts”. We have seats in the front row, and I usually manage to sketch a little bit, as long as the stage is not too dark.


The last of the above sketches was created in a restaurant a day later while we waited for our food.

As we spent the weekend at the cottage, I had a lot of time to continue felting Alex with his own fur. I adjusted the size so that he will be one third of his actual size. So far, I have part of the body, his four legs, and a head that still is much too small. All parts still need more definition.





The next two days, I was so exhausted from packing our belongings into boxes that I only sat down and worked on my temperature shawl.

Yesterday, despite having a really tough day, I went to my studio and started defining Alex’ features in his portrait. Being in my studio is like being in a bubble; all the stress and worries seem to stay outside of my studio for awhile. I concentrate completely on my painting and dive into a world of my own.


Thank you for reading my blog. I encourage you to sign up to my monthly newsletter. The next issue is published on Wednesday, February 28, 2018.Please go to my website www.KerstinPeters.ca where you can sign up on the bottom of every page.


No comments:

Post a Comment