Dog

Dog

Friday 9 March 2018

Creativity Challenge - Week 10

Blog 10

This week of the Creativity Challenge was quite a challenge. I suppose that the personal stuff took its toll, and I was very tired. I cannot share any finished projects with you this week. Then again, many creative projects are not a matter of hours but rather days and sometimes months and even years. Not all creative projects are physical in nature. I am very excited to let you know about two event collaborations with other business women.

The first event is a collaboration with my friend Marie Smith. We have created an interactive workshop to connect and share with other women who are facing the Empty Nesters’ transition, including those who are already familiar with the gap in their lives, and just maybe, those that aren’t even aware that this could be happening to them. Join us for a lunch time get together on March 22nd, 2018 from 11:30 am to 2 pm in Marie’s kitchen in Orleans. We will be preparing, and enjoying a delicious soup, and most importantly, all in the good company of other women! For more information and to register please contact me at kpeters@domingoinformatics.ca. There will be some creative doodling involved.

The second event will be a spring retreat with Jackie Leduc from Hikano Yoga Studio. I will be able to share more information in the coming weeks.

Now back to my physical creations: I continued with the temperature shawl and ran into my first problem. As you do not know how the temperatures will be over the course of the year, it is hard to guess how much wool you will need of each colour. I already ran out on two colours but was able to find similar colours in a store.

The other big project, the felted dog Alex, is quite a bit more complex. I managed to put the parts in the right spots and have to work on forming them in the right shape. The felted Alex will be a lot lighter than the real Alex as I want to create him just out of his own fur. The fur I collected so far is mostly from his undercoat and not so much fur from the top of his body, where he hardly ever sheds hair. I might use some wool for the eyes and tip of his nose but will decide this later in the process.

I also continued with my dog painting. I was working again on the details of Alex. 

I hope that I will find more time to paint once the rooms are cleared for the painter to come in. As much as I look forward to the fresh colour on the walls, I have to admit that it is a lot of work to clean out the rooms, so that he can do his job.

Thank you for reading my blog. If you would like to get more creative, please do not hesitate to reach out to me. If you would like to try your hand at felting, I would like to invite you to my next “Creativity & Me” workshop on March 23, from 1:30pm to 3:30pm at 1270 Kinsella Dr., Cumberland, ON, K4C 1A9. We we will create felted bunnies and Easter eggs. The registration deadline is March 19, 2018. The fee of $ 25 is payable by e-transfer to kpeters@domingoinformatics.ca. For a full list of upcoming workshops and classes please go to my website www.KerstinPeters.ca.

No comments:

Post a Comment