Dog

Dog

Friday 10 August 2018

Missing My Pets

Blog 32

I am in Germany with my daughter to spend time with family and friends for the next three weeks. As I will not have Internet service all of the time and want to enjoy the time off, I will not post updates of my Creativity Challenge for the next three weeks. However, I will try to continue drawing or sketching something daily. Do you know the difference between the two of them? While a sketch is usually a quick and therefore rather loosely drawn work, a drawing is a more finished work with more detail. However, the distinction is not very precise and often used interchangeably. I will show you my pieces after my return at the end of August to demonstrate the difference.

For my vacation time, I picked some of my favourite paintings to keep you entertained until my return.

Whenever I go on vacation, I am looking forward to the time without any obligations. In case of a painting trip, I enjoy the company of fellow artists as well as the uninterrupted creative time. When I am flying to Germany, I am always looking forward to finally seeing my family and friends. However, whenever I travel alone or with only some of my family members, I always miss the others at home, especially our pets. While modern technology makes it possible to make video chats or phone calls home, I will not be able to interact with our dog Alex and our cat Miko. Even if I see them on the screen, they do not recognize me and do not know what to make out of the image on the screen or my voice.

Luckily, I am usually busy with activities and loved ones so that the time passes fast, and I do not have too much time to feel sad. Do you feel the same? Do you feel guilty for leaving your pets behind, even when you know they are well taken care off by other family members, friends, or a great kennel?

Here are a couple of paintings I created of my pets that give me joy whenever I see them (even though Candy and Jessie passed away years ago):





Top row: The Bone, Winter Fun, Jessie - Forever in my Heart
Bottom row: Miko, Young Miko Sitting in the Sunshine, Sweet Candy


If you are interested in having your precious companion captured in a painting, please do not hesitate to contact me for more details. I welcome commissions.

No comments:

Post a Comment