Dog

Dog

Friday 21 December 2018

Advent Calendar - Days 15 - 21

Blog 51

This week was the first week of my holiday vacation. I finally had time to paint. I needed this creative time to ground myself. The last couple of weeks, I had a heavy workload that left hardly any time for leisure. Hopefully, you also take some time for yourself as the pre-Christmas activities and preparations can easily get stressful.

Here is the next part of Advent Calendar days. I hope the images will resonate with you. May they brighten up your day and inspire you to put some creativity into your life, especially in stressful times.



Day 15:
While I was at the cottage in July, I painted the 10” x 10” acrylic painting “Daring to be Different”, a white peony that had a couple of pink petals while all the other blossoms of the plant were just white.


Day 16:
“St André Lighthouse” is a 14” x 11” acrylic painting of the lighthouse at the “Parc de l’Ancien-Quai” in St André, Quebec.


Day 17:
I started the 9” x 12” acrylic painting “Three Poppies” outdoors with Golden Open Acrylics. In the studio, I enlarged the poppies and added some more body with my regular Heavy Body acrylic paint.


Day 18:
“Calm Blue Water” is a 3.5” x 7” painting on an old wood board that once was a plate for a big marzipan pig. It was another oil painting that I created at the “Havre du Quai” in St-Roch-des-Aulnaies on September 10, 2018.


Day 19:
During the summer, I also felted this butterfly. I love to watch the butterflies dance around the flowers. Such beautiful creatures!


Day 20:
The 8” x16” acrylic painting “An Afternoon in Kamouraska” shows the view from the bank of the St. Lawrence River towards the quay in Kamouraska.


Day 21:
I finished a felted elephant in time for the reunion with my friend who loves elephants. It was wonderful to see the happiness this little animal brought to her. Hopefully, he will also bring her lots of good luck.

At the end of this blog, I would like to take the opportunity to wish all of you a Merry Christmas with family and friends. Enjoy the festive time, relax, have fun, share lots of yummy food, talk a walk through the winter landscape, and create new memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment