Dog

Dog

Friday 28 December 2018

Farewell to 2018

Blog 52

Another year has almost passed. I hope I was able to provide interesting and inspiring posts for you during the 52 weeks. I will start the new year with another Creativity Challenge and hope that some of you will join me in my quest to bring more creativity into our lives. I also have some new ideas for my blog posts: interviews with fellow artists and art book reviews.

I hope you enjoyed a wonderful Christmas with your family and friends. Hopefully you had some time for yourself to relax and to indulge in your hobbies. I spent some quality time with my family. It was wonderful to have meals together, to play games, and to watch some funny movies. Usually, everyone is so busy with their own life.

Here are still the last three days of my Advent Calendar. Even though, Christmas has already passed, I hope that the images bring you joy.



Day 22:

"Abundance of Pansies", a 9" x 12" acrylic painting that I started in the summer with a group of friends who had picked my photo of beautiful pansies for our yearly "Painting in the Park" event. While the image seemed easy at first glace, it was not. I spent quite a number of hours working on my painting until I was happy with my flowers.



Day 23:
“Horseshoe of Rocks” is another 8” x 10” painting from the “Havre du Quai” in St-Roch-des-Aulnaies from September 10, 2018.



Day 24:
“Wild Pink Roses” is a 7” x 5” acrylic painting that I created right in the garden of our rented house. Over the last couple of years, it has become a tradition for me to create at least one wildflower painting.

At the end of this year, I would like to thank you for your support and wish you a fantastic year 2019. May it be filled with lots of creativity, fun, and happiness.


Are you ready for a great 2019? The start of the new year is the perfect time to create your vision for a great 2019. A vision board will provide you with a visual reminder of your vision and where you want to focus your energy. I offer a Vision Board Workshop on Saturday, January 5, 2019 from 2:30pm to 4:30pm. As vision boards are very personal, I posted a board with the topics that are important to me. During the workshop, we will use images of magazines, markers, and stickers to create a very personalized vision board. Perhaps you would like to take some time during the holidays to think and write about your goals for 2019. If you come across images that speak to you, collect them and bring them to the workshop. Registration deadline is January 2, 2019. All materials are included. You are welcome to bring additional magazines. You can either pay by cash, by cheque or by e-transfer to kpeters@domingoinformatics.ca.

No comments:

Post a Comment