Dog

Dog

Friday 14 July 2017

Time at the Cottage

Sweet Candy, acrylic, 12" x 12"

Blog 29



This week, we were at the cottage for our annual vacation. Unfortunately, our son only joined us for the weekend, but we had lots of company from extended family members and friends. 

Nevertheless, I was able to paint quite a bit. I finished a painting of our late Golden Retriever Candy who spent her last vacation with us three years ago. I also created another painting of our cat Miko and started a small painting of a bird. I also felted a poppy for my August Creativity & Me workshop and started a felted white water lily. In addition, I did some sketching while my husband was fishing.

Due to my vacation, this blog is very short. I hope you enjoy a first look at this week's creations: 




Next week, I will return with my regular blogs. I will let you know why I just love painting skies. Do you ever take the time to watch the clouds moving along, trying to figure out the shapes you see? Are you in awe of the beautiful sunset or the big storm clouds that precede a storm? I hope you will return to my blog next week.

In the meantime, take some time to enjoy your favourite summer activities. I hope the slower pace of the warmer season gives you a chance to be closer to nature and to appreciate the beauty.

I would also like to invite you to visit my Facebook page for news updates at https://www.facebook.com/KerstinPetersPaintings/.

No comments:

Post a Comment