Dog

Dog

Friday 13 October 2017

Painting Trip to Kamouraska 2017 - Part 4

at the nature resort at the end of Route Beaulieu

Blog 42

This fourth part of my travelogue starts with the second half of our trip. We continued to experience outstanding weather. Please continue to read my entry.

Wednesday, September 13, 2017

This morning, we awoke to sunshine but heavy wind. Janis and I were traveling alone today. We went east towards St-André to the Parc de l'Ancien-Quai but it was too windy to paint outside and also too misty to make out the surrounding islands. We continued to Route Beaulieu, where we painted years ago. The area is now a gated nature resort that is accessible to the public. There are a couple of paths through the resort that are lovely for a walk but too difficult in order to drag and set up our equipment.


View from Notre-Dame-du-Portage,  oil, 10” x 20”
A little bit disappointed, we continued our drive to Notre-Dame-du-Portage, where we went to the park overlooking the St. Lawrence River. I created two paintings, a 10” x 20” and an 11” x 14” painting.

Stone Creatures, oil, 11” x 14”
On the way back, we stopped at the Monadnock at the Route de la Grève in Kamouraska and finished with a stop at the local store “Le jardin du bedeau” to get some gifts for our family.

At night, Bill served a wonderful home-made chili with bread and pastries from the bakery, not to mention very generous portions of ice cream.

After a couple of nights of knitting, I went back to working on my felted water lily. I have added more pedals that I have assembled but I am still not finished. This week is definitely giving me lots of possibilities to unleash my creativity.

Thank you for reading my blog. Hopefully, you enjoy taking the ride with me. I still have two more sequels for the next two weeks. 

My painting sale is still ongoing. To find out more about it, please go to my website www.KerstinPeters.ca or to my Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/KerstinPetersPaintings/.

There is still time to join me at the Bob MacQuarrie Recreation Complex for the four week mini-session "Acrylic Landscape Painting".  It starts on Monday, October 16, 2017 at 6pm. For more information and to register please go to http://join.ottawa.ca/fac/26/fall/all/act/110/. You can also register in person at any City of Ottawa recreation facility.



No comments:

Post a Comment