Dog

Dog

Friday 1 June 2018

Creativity Challenge - Week 22

Blog 22




With my “Cartooning and Comics” spring session nearing its end, we started our big project: the creation of our very own comics. I showed the students some Calvin and Hobbes comics, and the students of each course voted for their own favourite. Over the last couple of days, I used the comics as references to create three different comics with characters from our sessions in the poses shown in the original comics.


My students can either follow what I demonstrate in class or pick their own characters in the poses I draw. Most students were happy with my choices and followed my demonstration. While I only draw the characters, the students have to create the story by adding the setting and speech bubbles. It was wonderful to see with how much excitement they went to work. Our comics consists of four images. While I already drew the whole sequence, the students finished the first two images this week. It will be interesting to see how their stories unfold next week.




Despite my intention to go painting with some of my friends, our schedules were just not compatible this week, but I managed to felt some more flowers onto my table runner. First, I added some white and red poppies. Then, I started to felt some lilac blooms. It was not easy to create the small petals. I am not quite happy with the result. I will keep working on all three flowers.


Today is the last day to register for my Flower Felting Workshop at the beautiful Da Artisti Studio & Gallery in Cumberland Village on June 3, from 10am to 12pm. In this 2 hour course, I will be showing you how to create your own flowers with wool by felting it on a 5" x 7" felt base. The final product can be framed and displayed anywhere in your home. No prior experience is necessary, and all materials are included! Registration is limited to 8 participants, and is priced at $50+tax.
To register please go to: https://daartisti.com/lessons/


No comments:

Post a Comment