Dog

Dog

Friday 20 January 2023

Creativity Breaks Barriers


Blog 4


Last week, I shared the core values of my business with you. During the next five weeks, I will talk about each in detail.


Creativity is at the centre of my values. My mission is to convince more people that they are creative because embracing your creativity will enrich your life (and help you with problem-solving in general).


I cannot count the many times someone has told me they are not creative because they equate creativity with creating art. Often, they had a bad experience in their youth when a teacher or loved one with a preconceived opinion nipped their creativity in the bud. Maybe, you can relate. Has someone ever criticized you because you created an animal that did not look like its living counterpart?


However, creative expression is subjective and emotional. You can capture the beauty of your environment or images of your imagination. Some people use it when words fail. There are so many different ways artists have expressed themselves over the centuries, often to much objection. Creative expression is not limited to art. Music, dance, literature, or something more practical like a beautiful garden or an inventive meal are all ways of creative expression.


I challenge you to pick up a new creative hobby. Consider your natural likes and interests. It does not matter if anyone else enjoys what you create as long as it brings you joy. At first, you might feel frustrated because the final result does not resemble your vision. However, if you continue, you will succeed in finding a medium and technique that suits you. The more you nurture your creative expression, the more ideas for projects and solutions you get. Soon, you will not be able to stop the ideas that you get.


If you are still worried that you have to be able to draw a straight line to get started, check out this previous blog. Everyone can draw lines and simple shapes (they don’t have to be straight except for machine-produced objects or buildings).


If you like, share your next or maybe first creative project with me. Thinking about ways to express your creativity is the first step to exploring what you want to make. I am sharing the art I created this past week for your inspiration. 

 



 

If you want some support, book a virtual coffee date with me.

Happy creating!

No comments:

Post a Comment