Dog

Dog

Friday 17 February 2023

Creative Collaboration of Art and Language


Blog 8


In this blog, I write about Collaboration, the last of my Core Values. I believe joy and adventure increase when you combine language with art.


When you visit my website, you notice that art is the umbrella for everything I do in my business. For most of my life, I have captured whatever caught my interest. When I first started teaching, I started teaching German before offering art courses. Regardless of the course books we used, the curriculum was pretty similar.


In the past couple of years, virtual platforms have transformed the way we can connect with clients. I can reach people worldwide, but so can my potential customers.


To differentiate my German courses from other online offers, I combined my art and German teaching skills to develop my Learn German Through Art programme. I created my own course book and additional learning materials.


My programme is based on the principle of visual expression to visualize and memorize new content. As a result, my students have more fun and learn new material much faster. It does not matter if they have any previous art skills. We can all draw lines (and no, they don’t have to be straight) and simple shapes that are the basis for every artwork. The art part of the class helps to relax and sometimes creates comical entertainment.


Did you know that 65 Percent of the population are visual learners? Therefore, it is no surprise that art is used in many different areas to visualize content.


While art can help you learn German, words can also be a powerful tool when you add them to your artwork.


Some artists add words to their paintings, especially when they create collages. Other examples are creative collaborations between writers and artists. We often see art and words united in children’s books. However, beautiful art often enhances delightful poems, or writers get inspired to create a poem o story in response to a painting.


I believe that art and language go hand in hand to enrich our lives, provide relaxation and build bridges of understanding. Creative collaborations increase enjoyment and success.


If you are intrigued to learn more, I would love to meet you for a virtual coffee date. Book your session here

 

P. S. Here is a collage of this week's daily art:

 











Last Friday, I spent about two hours felting but did not draw in my sketchbook.

No comments:

Post a Comment