Dog

Dog

Friday 28 April 2023

One Year Later

Spring Creek, watercolour, 11.7” x 8.3”

Blog 18

 

One year after my last trip to Germany, I will fly to visit family and friends. Traveling is still a stressful experience due to the challenges airlines and train companies face in delivering their services. Last week we had to re-book our plane and train tickets. I won’t provide details because we are still fighting with the airline. No part of the original booking was in place anymore. We would not even have arrived back in Ottawa.

I am glad that I will travel with my husband. While I still depended on mobility help last year, this time, I can walk. I have fully recovered, even though I still work on improving my endurance, flexibility and strength. Sometimes, I get impatient. I still can’t go on hikes, but I have started to walk our dog, Shadow, again.

Looking back, I am glad I didn’t know how long the recovery would be. I learned a lot about myself and have re-evaluated my priorities. My creative time and the flexibility to make spontaneous decisions to spend time with friends and family have an even higher priority for me.

Crocuses, watercolour and watercolour pencil, 5.8” x 8.3”

When the warm weather gave us a teaser of the spring, I went outside to paint. On the first day, I sketched crocuses in our front yard. The next day, I met my friends Janis and Bob to paint a spring creek. This water source was only temporary, while large amounts of snow water filled ditches and fields. It was such a peaceful place.

We can learn a lot from nature, where everything changes quickly. I have met many people who want to wait until retirement to make time for their hobbies. Take action now instead of waiting. Contact me if I can help you fulfill your creative dreams.

Unfortunately, often we only realize during difficult times that we are wasting our time with things that don’t give us pleasure. Fortunately, I made a full recovery and gained more clarity on how I want to live a joyful life. I intend to enjoy every moment during my visit with family and friends, but I will also allow for creative breaks for some me time.

Until the next four weeks, my blogs will contain creativity tips. After my return, I will share my travel adventures and inspirations with you again.

Have a great May! Don’t forget to smell the lilac and tulips. 🌷😊

No comments:

Post a Comment