Dog

Dog

Friday 4 January 2019

Creativity Challenge 2019 - Week 1

Blog 1

Happy New Year! I hope you had a good start into the new year that is so full of possibilities. Last year was not an easy year for me and for many people to whom I talked to. Therefore, I have decided that this year my focus shall be on more FUN. I would like to have more fun and playfulness in my life and hope to inspire you to incorporate more lightness into your daily life.
As already in the past years, I am starting the new year with my Creativity Challenge to get back into a creative routine after the holidays. How are you getting back to your creative routine?

As special holiday events often disrupt even the strongest routines, I always try to stick to my healthy habits as much as possible. Having a dog helps me to keep moving even when I do not have a chance to do my usual exercise routines. Even though I did not make it to my studio for about two weeks, I created some sketches. I always carry a sketchbook with me. You never know when you might have to wait for someone or have an opportunity to capture something quickly. As for every routine, it is much easier to keep going if you are in a group of people to support you. Therefore, I hope you will also pick up a pencil, marker, a brush, or any other equipment of your choice to create something every day, even if it is only for 10 minutes. Don’t aim to make it perfect, just have fun with it. Enjoy the process, the relaxation and reinvigoration it brings to let go of the expectation of working for a successful finish. Sometimes, you might be surprised about the beautiful work that you created, while at other times, you will learn something from a creative exercise. I hope that you will share your experiences with me. If you would like to post photos, I would love to see them. Let’s help each other to bring more creative fun into our lives!

In case you would like to create art together, I invite you to join us during any of the following art events in January and February:

Art Circle, January 16, February 6 and 20, March 6 and 20, 2019, 2pm to 4pm

Winter Sunset Painting Party, January 20, 2019

Expressing Emotions with Colour, January 11, 2019

Adding Love and Sparkle to Your Painting, February 15, 2019

For more information and to register please go to www.KerstinPeters.ca or contact me at kpeters@domingoinformatics.ca.

I am also teaching Drawing Level 1 for 50+ and Cartooning and Comics for Children

At Bob MacQuarrie Recreation Complex, I am offering the following courses:
Adult Acrylic Landscape Painting and Child Mixed Media.
Here are the first three day’s projects of the year:

  1. a sketch of our Christmas tree


  2. the next stage of my double dog portrait 
      

  3. the beginning of my felted cardinal


I spent about 1.5 hours on each of these projects this week. Next week, I am back to work and I will probably not have as much time.

I hope you will return to my blog to see how I am doing with my Creativity Challenge. I would also love to see your projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment