Dog

Dog

Friday 11 August 2023

Speeding Through Life

Chickadee, wool, 6" x 8"




Blog 33


Is it already the end of the week again? I am always surprised that another week has passed, just like my friends. Do you feel the same?


There are many attempts to prove why people feel that time passes quicker when they get older. I have thought about this a lot since my accident, which forced me to learn to walk again. My progress seemed frustratingly slow during my rehabilitation, even though others were surprised at my fast improvement.


The perception of time passing quickly or slowly is very subjective. I am more aware now that my time is limited, and I want to make the most of it. I have attempted to become more present at the moment, sometimes successfully. Other times, I fall back into the routine of rushing around.


I attempt to engage in various activities to form new memories to make life more exciting. After years of spending most of my time only with my husband and dog, Shadow, I make an effort to engage with more people and try new activities to get out of my comfort zone.


What could be better than to participate together in a hobby you enjoy? Your attention becomes fully absorbed in the activity, and you focus on the present moment. Engaging in enjoyable activities provides stimulation and novelty to make time feel more vivid.


I intend to enjoy every day with a pinch of creative fun. I want to share this joy with you. Therefore, I invite you to my August events:


1) August 19, 2023: Art Café at 2:30 PM in Cumberland, ON
The event is family-friendly. We will enjoy some refreshments and create a flower doodle. I will provide all the art materials. To join me, please send me an email to info@KerstinPeters.ca by August 16 for a personalized invitation.



2) August 21 and 28 at 6:30 PM: hybrid needle felting workshop, Bird Watching
, for bird lovers who want to learn how to create a needle-felted painting. Is that you?



3) Summer of Creativity Project

I enjoy creating art for the weekly themes picked from the book 642 Things to Draw I have shared with you on my Facebook page. Whether you get inspired by my posts and images or find other inspiration to incorporate creative activities into your days, I encourage you to try it. Most of the time, you will feel energized afterwards.


Even on a day when what you did imagine looks very different on paper or a canvas, it can still be fun and make you laugh if you don’t take making art too seriously.



No comments:

Post a Comment