Dog

Dog

Friday 20 October 2023

Levanta Magazine October: Featuring Kerstin Peters


Levanta October Cover, photo © 2023 Ingo Peters
© 2023 Helena Guzmán,
Design Your Plate / LEVANTA Magazine


Blog 43


Instead of my travelogue about my time in Halifax and Dartmouth, the last leg of my trip to the Maritimes in September, I share the exciting news about the October issue of the Levanta Magazine, a collaboration with Helena Guzmán from Design Your Plate / LEVANTA Magazine.


In my blogs about my core values, Collaboration is one of my five core values. Helena and I have worked on many projects, supporting each other and our businesses. During my Introducing Yourself and Others Facebook challenge, Helena created German-inspired dishes. She also participated in the challenge. Here are the images from the live meeting:

 

left image and flags by Helena Guzmán, right image by Kerstin Peters
 

Working with Helena is a pleasure because we have so many things in common. We both followed love and immigrated to Canada, leaving family, friends and work behind to rebuild our lives in a foreign environment.


Creativity plays a significant role in our lives. We both believe in cooperation and support of others by sharing our skills. We want to promote fun and relaxation amidst the busyness of life. We have many creative outlets to push our boundaries and inspire others.

 


Art is the umbrella for everything I do in my business: creating paintings in different mediums, teaching felting and using drawing to help my language students learn German with more fun and ease. 




Born in Brazil, Helena grew up in the United States and graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree, majoring in Studio Fine Arts, History and Education. She has worked in many mediums and shared this knowledge with her students. With over 25 years of business experience, Helena is fortunate to share what she loves: component meal prep, self-care, creativity & supporting community entrepreneurs!


Levanta magazine is her creative outlet for Design Creative Wellness Solutions for Una Vida Saludable. Her work as a Creative Wellness Media Consultant reflects her mission — to feature Community Partners, share Creative Wellness strategies for you and your family, plus support small businesses – a win-win-win for everyone!



 

Our collaboration has been fruitful because we brainstormed ideas and have a similar vision. Plus, Helena has a lot of technological skills that I often lack. She has made my vision for an updated website a reality and created a refreshed version of my logo. However, our relationship is not limited to our business. We learned more about each other and have become friends while working together.


When Helena offered to feature my business, I was delighted. In recent years, virtual platforms have transformed how we communicate with clients. You can reach people worldwide, but so can everyone else, including potential customers. Therefore, I appreciate new ways to increase visibility and interact with clients.


© Helena Guzmán
The October volume gives you a glimpse into my business. You can read about the two pillars of my business: art and creative instruction. I present my core values and the new WANDERLUST method, the creative collaboration of Art and Language. Enjoy my art and some of Helena's family recipes from the challenge. In the October issue, she offers the recipes for müsli and the müsli, fruit and coconut cream smoothie. Get your copy here.


To learn more about LEVANTA Magazine and ways to collaborate, contact Helena at https://linktr.ee/design.your.plate.


I will entertain you with the final part of my Maritime travelogue next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment