Dog

Dog

Friday 1 December 2023

2023 Advent Calenday Day 1

 

 




It is time for the annual Advent Calendar. On December 1, many children (and some adults) start to open their Advent calendars to count the days of Advent in anticipation of Christmas.


In the past weeks, I started putting together the 2023 Art Advent Calendar, a review of the artwork from this year. While I want to share my art with you, it is also a rewarding realization that my creativity translated into beautiful works of art to entertain and fill your days with joy.


I have started publishing the daily posts on my Facebook page and Instagram feed today. I will post a weekly summary with images of the progress of each artwork in my December blogs at https://kerstinpeterspaintingblog.blogspot.com/.


As today is December 1, you only see the first image of the calendar.

 

Day 1: The Four Seasons, wool, 11.75" x 9"

 


The needle-felted painting, The Four Seasons, is one of few that started with a drawn design. I usually only create a drawing before I begin my needle felting for an image not inspired by a landscape or still life.


A quilt was the theme for the September Creativity Project. I had fun creating my design, so much so that I transformed it into a felted painting.


When you compare the drawn design and the finished painting, you see that I made some changes while I worked on the felted piece. My tree now reflects the four seasons. I also added some raindrops next to the snowflakes.


Progression

 

Have a wonderful first Advent weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment