Dog

Dog

Sunday 24 December 2023

2023 Advent Calendar Days 23 and 24


 



Today is Christmas Eve, the last day of my Art Advent Calendar. As a result, this special blog post includes the final two pictures from the 2023 review. It is rewarding to see that my creativity translated into beautiful works of art to entertain and fill your days with joy.


Day 23: Farm in Winter, watercolour and watercolour pencil, 5. 8" x 8.3"



This watercolour painting is another from our Painting Buddies one-hour Zoom meetings, showing one of the old farms in rural Cumberland. My friend Janis took the reference photo. In our group, we share the images with the permission to use them for any purpose. This image is from my sketchbook and not even on watercolour paper. It captures the beauty and tranquility of winter perfectly. It is one of the few images that I finished within the hour of our meeting. Sometimes, the brush effortlessly flows over the paper, and the painting seems to paint itself.

 

 

Day 24: Hoary Redpoll, wool, 8.75" x 11.75",
              custom-matted to fit a 12" x 16" frame, CAN $450 + shipping


 

In February, when I looked for the next winter subject, I found another photo of one of the birds that visited us in the winter of 2021/2022. We only saw hoary redpolls or purple finches that winter. They came when I needed cheering up while I was in a wheelchair after a terrible accident.


 

Whenever I see birds, I think of my parents, who enjoyed spending time each winter in Canada. They fed the birds and had so much fun observing them. The had several bird books to read up on each species. 



If you enjoy my blogs and want more information about my art, I encourage you to sign up for my monthly newsletter on my website www.KerstinPeters.ca. I publish a newsletter on the second and last Wednesday of every month. When subscribing, you will automatically receive my free eBook, "I Am Ready To Paint But Where Do I Start?".


Starting in January, I will reduce the blog post to one on the last Friday of the month. I love connecting with you, but I will offer more interactive ways to build my community. Stay tuned!


In January, it is time for the annual Creativity Challenge to return to a creative routine after the holidays. I plan to create art for 15 – 30 minutes daily. I encourage you to attempt it, too. I will write about my successes and challenges to follow through in my blog on January 26, 2024.




I wish you and your loved ones a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Enjoy the holidays with laughter and good food. Whether you celebrate Christmas or not, I hope your holidays will be joyful and relaxing.


Thank you for supporting me this year with your kind feedback.


I will celebrate Christmas with my husband, children and pets. On December 28, I will fly to Germany to see my parents. 2005 was the last time I visited them after Christmas, 1999 was the last time we spent Christmas together. I am thankful for the opportunity to spend time together – the most precious gift you can give someone. I will be back at work on January 19, 2024, and will respond to emails and registrations at the latest upon my return.



No comments:

Post a Comment