Dog

Dog

Friday 19 May 2023

Art Journals to Increase Creativity


 

Blog 21


During my vacation, I am replacing the weekly blogs with creativity tips. Please share your creations with me. After my return, I will pick one lucky winner from all the replies for a one-hour private painting or felting lesson with me. You can send them to info@KerstinPeters.ca.


Keep a journal or a sketchbook in your purse and close to your desk to capture your ideas and thoughts. This way, you are always prepared when inspiration hits you. Plus, whenever you have to wait, you have something to do aside from scrolling through your latest messages.

 

Sketching uses more senses and is an activity that is far more relaxing. With practice, you will improve your observational and artistic skills. Writing and sketching can help you clarify your thoughts, explore your ideas, and uncover hidden insights. Over time, you have fantastic documentation of your creative journey to look at and appreciate your progress.


You can take a photo of almost everything with your phone nowadays, but leaving your marks on paper is much more satisfying.


I packed a compact watercolour set, some watercolour pencils, and a mechanical pencil for my trip to capture any sights that inspire me. I am sure I will have a lot to tell you after my return.

No comments:

Post a Comment