Dog

Dog

Friday 15 September 2023

Precious Memories

 


 Blog 38


Every year for a decade, I eagerly anticipated September for our KAM 7 painting trips to Kamouraska. We always rented the same house for a week at the bank of the St. Lawrence River and only missed one year due to a mixup of dates. We spent many magnificent hours painting together in any weather, took turns cooking for each other, and enjoyed our evening chats.

With the pandemic, this tradition stopped. However, I have more than one hundred paintings from the trips and even more cherished memories. At the top of this blog is a collage of some of my favourite Kamouraska paintings.

This September, I had to look forward to my friend Bettina’s visit and our trip to Prince Edward Island. When you read this blog, we will already have spent almost a week in the Maritimes. This trip is one item off my bucket list. I have another highlight waiting for me before I return to Ottawa in the middle of next week: I will see my friend Hélène for the first time again since she moved to Nova Scotia three years ago. We will spend three days together and hope for good weather to go painting en plein air. I brought my watercolours on my trip and cannot wait to explore the Halifax area with Hélène. I will tell you all about my journey in upcoming blogs.

Have a week filled with creativity and joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment