Dog

Dog

Friday 30 March 2018

Creativity Challenge - Week 13



Blog 13


Can you believe it is the end of March already? I am looking forward to some relaxing days with my family over the holidays. Due to the lovely Easter workshop I taught last Friday, I have some unique decorations for the table. The two participants of the workshop both wanted to learn how to felt a bunny, so I also created another bunny.


Later on, my daughter and I felted another Easter egg. Mine took a little longer as I covered the whole egg in little flowers. These unique decorations will look great on the Easter table.

As I was asked to replace another teacher this week, I did not have a lot of time to work on projects. I did quite a bit of sketching on the bus as well as during shows at the Ottawa Little Theatre.

Despite the fact that I have a seat in the first row at the Ottawa Little Theatre, it was still too dark during the performance to see what I was drawing. I am not sure you would be able to recognize the actors, but my sketches give me enough information to remember them. Sketching is a little bit like shorthand; I love that the sketches help me remember the plays much more than just passively watching them. The sketching also helps me to stay awake. As I am not used to sitting still, the sudden immobility makes me quite tired, even if I enjoy the play. However, when I sketch what I see, I have no time to doze off.


Aside from the fun stuff that I am able to create, I also have to look after the administrative tasks of my business that are not very exciting. I am just in the process of finishing my bookkeeping which I always seem to leave to the last minute.


Then, there is the very time-consuming task of marketing. At the beginning of the week, I faced a very uncomfortable situation as Jackie Leduc from Hikano Yoga Studio and I wanted to shoot a promo video for our upcoming Yoga & Art Retreat on May 6, 2018 from 9:30am to 4:30pm. While I had taken short videos of me being at a painting location, I had never been in front of the camera. It was scary, but Jackie helped me through it and did a great job editing. You can see the video which gives you more information about the retreat at https://www.facebook.com/HikanoWellness/videos/2031170460230897/.

I also have a new promotion going on right now. Despite the fact that many of my paintings are scheduled for exhibitions, I still have a big inventory of paintings. As we want to move to a smaller house this year, I would like to find some new homes for some of my paintings. I have decided to sell all my still lifes (except for the couple of painting that are scheduled for exhibitions) at a 25% discount off the price listed on my website www.KerstinPeters.ca until Mother’s Day. If you are interested in a painting please contact me at kpeters@domingoinformatics.ca. Payment can be made in cash or by e-transfer.




To conclude this blog, I would like to wish all of you a Happy Easter! Enjoy your time with family and friends.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks again for your very interesting blogs.
    Happy Easter to you and your family

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Charlotte. We spent some very nice days together. I hope you had a happy Easter, too.

      Delete