Dog

Dog

Friday 31 May 2019

My May Projects


Blog 20


It is the end of the month again and therefore time for a look at my May projects. As I have had visitors from Germany, I was not as creative but spent lots of time being a visitor in the town that has been my home for the past 24 years. I Iove to rediscover the local sights. We went to the Tulip Festival, the fireworks at Dow’s Lake, downtown, Pink Lake at Gatineau Park, the Mer Bleue boardwalk, and the Humanics Institute Sculpture Park. I got so much inspiration and can hardly wait for my vacation at the end of the month to spend more time painting. 

As for my May projects, I created two scenes for the first comic of my Cartooning and Comics classes as well as drawings of a scorpion spider, Raven from “Teen Titans”, and Detective Pikachu. 
 



At the Navan Fine Art Exhibition and Sale, I created a painting to the music of pianist Bev McKiver. I was the second one scheduled and had assumed that I would paint an abstract piece. Instead, I felt inspired to paint flowers and butterflies. I found the experience quite unsettling. Usually, when I go into my studio, I know exactly what I want to paint. I might struggle with the composition or the process, but I know where I want to go. This time, I did not know what to expect. I did not know the music, or how I would react to it. I also was aware that people were watching me and talked to spectators during the process. The result is a flower painting that does not talk to me at all at this point. It will be interesting to see whether I can transform it.

 


During the Agatha Christie play “A Murder is Announced” at the Ottawa Little Theatre, I managed to create some sketches even though we were not sitting in our usual first row seats.

 



I finished the 16” x 20” acrylic painting “For the love of van Gogh’s Irises” from my “Celebrate Spring with Flowers” workshop. You can definitely see that van Gogh's painting "Irises" was an inspiration for the painting, but I also used my own photos from the lovely irises at the Ottawa ornamental gardens, as well as of the rather beautiful flowers of the dandelions in our neighbourhood.




For my June painting party, I created a 16” x 20” acrylic painting of the apple blossoms in our garden. If you would like to join me for the event, please go to https://www.kerstinpeters.ca/product/apple-blossom-painting-party/ for more information and to buy your ticket.
 



The felted 8.5” x 11” “Orange Lily” was inspired by my painting with the same title. I also started a new felted flower after I visited the Tulip Festival. This yellow and pink tulip reminded my friends and me of vanilla pudding with raspberry sauce. This artwork is only in its first stage. The nice thing about working with wool is that I can decide while I am felting how big the final piece will be. I will keep you posted on my progress.


How are you doing with your own projects? I would love to hear about your creative adventures. Does the season influence you in your choice of projects?

If you enjoy my blogs, please share them with family and friends. Thank you for helping me to reach a bigger audience.









No comments:

Post a Comment