Dog

Dog

Friday 26 July 2024

Keep Memories Alive in a Visual Journal

 







Blog 7

 


My July was very productive even though I didn’t create anything in the three days between my return to Canada and my trip to our family vacation. I was too busy catching up with medical appointments, household chores, unpacking and packing again.


During my time at the cottage, I usually finish a couple of paintings. However, this time, I had forgotten my watercolour paints. Luckily, I had my watercolour pencils, brushes and pads with me to create a painting of a summer flower bouquet and my daily sketches to keep my memories fresh long after the time has passed.


I also captured a daily sketch and used watercolour pencils for most images because I love colour. I created two drawings because I took a breathtaking canoe trip with my husband and dog on the last day. In the evening light, I sat on the rocks at the edge of the Ottawa River, capturing the rocks, moss and bushes in front of me. 




The canoe ride was the most magical I have ever experienced because the water was smooth like a mirror, and the evening light turned the whole landscape into a magical place. I am always mesmerized by the deep reflection of the trees in the water. Maybe I will take one of my big canvases to attempt to capture this sight in a painting this winter. It would certainly be a challenge. 

 

 

My latest needle-felted painting is of a Bird of Paradise plant, which is progressing nicely.


Bird of Paradise, wool, unfinished



Enjoy the collages of my July art!


Stay connected by joining my mailing list. I send out two newsletters monthly - one with teaching news and the other with information about my latest artworks. By subscribing to my newsletter on my website, you will receive my free e-book titled I Am Ready to Paint, but Where Do I Start? I will publish my next blog on August 30.

No comments:

Post a Comment