Dog

Dog

Friday 31 July 2015

Mer Bleue

Blog 30


This is the last week of my Ottawa travel destination blogs. I hope you enjoyed the insights into some very nice areas not to far from downtown Ottawa. This week, I would like to share the beauty of the Mer Bleue bog with you, which is the largest bog and natural area in Canada’s Capital Region and the second largest bog in southern Ontario. It has a northern ecosystem that is more alike the Arctic than the Ottawa Valley. A special area is the boardwalk where dogs are not allowed. Therefore, I usually only go there to paint. However, there are many nice trails in the Mer Bleue bog area where you and your four-legged friend can walk together except for the winter months when the trails are reserved for cross-country skiing and snowshoeing.

If you plan an outing to Mer Bleue don't forget your bug repellent and for the boardwalk a hat as there is hardly a space that offers shade. However, close to the boardwalk is a beautiful covered picnic area. So bring some snacks.

Here are my Mer Bleue paintings sorted by season:
Summer

Summer Greens, Mer Bleue, oil, 8" x 10"


Wolkenspiel - Cloud Formations, acrylic, 11" x 14"
the only Mer Bleue painting done in the studio


Summer at Mer Bleue, oil, 8" x 10"



Fall

Crisp Fall Morning, acrylic, 8" x 10"


Mer Bleue, acrylic, 20" x 16"



Winter

Frozen Mer Bleue, oil, 8" x 10"


I am always happy to hear from you, so please leave me a comment on this page or on my Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/KerstinPetersPaintings.

If you know someone who might enjoy my blog, please share it. To read more about my art world, you can sign up for my monthly newsletter at www.KerstinPeters.ca. Every subscriber will receive a copy of me free eBook “I Am Ready To Paint, But Where Do I Start?”.


No comments:

Post a Comment