Dog

Dog

Friday 26 January 2018

Creativity Challenge - Week 4

Blog 4

This was already the fourth week of my Creativity Challenge. It was another week without painting, but I did some drawing and lots of felting. I slowly got into the rhythm of taking time every evening to create something. It also helped that I wanted to finish my friend’s gift in time.



I started with some sketches at the Ottawa Little Theatre on Friday. Usually, we have front row seats and I have enough light to sketch either parts of the stage or even some actors. This time we had exchanged our tickets and sat in Row K. Even though I was itching to draw there was just no light. I tried to draw in the dark but it was not working. I used the intermission the sketch a portrait of one of the spectators. At home, I reworked the rather sad looking attempt of sketching one of the actors in the dark with the help of a photo from the Ottawa Little Theatre website.

On Sunday and Tuesday, I did some drawing demonstrations for the kids of my two Cartooning and Drawing classes: Toothless from the movie “How to Train a Dragon” and a fox, respectively.
I also tried to sketch my daughter while she was driving. It was a nice exercise, but does not look like her at all.

The rest of the week, I worked on a felted skunk for a friend of mine. After 8 ½ hours of works the cute little critter called Flower is done.

On Wednesday, on my day off work, I went to the National Gallery to see the James Wilson Morrice Exhibition at the National Gallery with my artist friends Janis and Bob. It was amazing to see how loosely he painted while capturing so much detail on very small canvases. It makes me look forward to my next plein air painting trip.
Here is a link to the information about the exhibition from the National Gallery website: https://www.gallery.ca/whats-on/exhibitions-and-galleries/james-w-morrice-the-ak-prakash-collection-in-trust-to-the-nation.
 

Wednesday evening, I went to the Da Artisti Studio & Gallery to hang my paintings for their new exhibition. If you live in the Ottawa area, I would like to invite you to the vernissage which is today, Friday, January 26, 2018 from 3 to 9pm at 2565 Old Montreal Rd, Cumberland, K4C 1A1. The gallery’s opening hours are: Wednesday - Friday: 3:00pm – 9:00pm and Saturday - Sunday: 9:00am – 5:00pm.

Thank you for reading my blog. Please feel free to share my blog with family and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment