Dog

Dog

Friday 16 February 2018

Creativity Challenge - Week 7


Blog 7

The past week was a rollercoaster of emotions. It started out with a wonderful lunch and craft afternoon with a good friend. We created a felted heart for Valentine’s Day. I am not sure whether she kept hers or gave it to a loved one, but I had to make two more hearts so that I could give one to each of my kids and my husband.

I also made it finally back into my studio and worked on the portrait of Candy, our late Golden Retriever. After two hours of painting, I am a lot happier with how she looks than I was before. She is still a little too light, but I will take care of this at a later stage. Next, I want to work on Alex.

For my Tuesday Cartoon drawing class, I drew a Hydra. It was wonderful to see how this serpent with many heads from the Greek mythology inspired and animated the children.



With my Sunday class, I had a look at the way a person was simplified drawing a Manga-style and a Minecraft boy.

For the rest of the week, I kept knitting my temperature shawl, and, while dealing with some very sad news, found comfort in felting Alex’ fur into my biggest felting challenge so far: a small version of him. I have decided that I will create him in a sphinx pose. Now that I have the inner body, it is time to sort his fur by colour to get to the detail.


On Thursday, on my way downtown, I created a quick sketch of one of the other passengers. Sketching during bus rides helps me to avoid the motion sickness I usually get.

Thank you for reading my blog. I encourage you to sign up to my monthly newsletter that is published on the last Wednesday of every month. Please go to my website www.KerstinPeters.ca where you can sign up on the bottom of every page.

No comments:

Post a Comment