Dog

Dog

Friday 15 June 2018

Creativity Challenge - Week 24

Blog 24

My creative week started off on the right foot with our visit to the Ottawa Little Theatre on Friday, where we saw the immensely funny British farce “Move Over Mrs. Markham” about love, infidelity, trust, and revenge. During the play I managed to sketch a little bit despite the challenge of the fast moving actions of the actors and the many bursts of laughter.









I also drew a couple of characters from “The Loud House” for one of my “Cartooning and Drawing” courses. “The Loud House” is an American animated television series about the chaotic life of Lincoln Loud. He is the middle child and only boy in a large family of 11 children. 




This was also the last week of my “Cartooning and Comic” classes. Two groups had picked “Toothless” from “How to Train a Dragon” for their last class, while the third group chose the “Loud House Characters” I already mentioned.




After weeks of neglect, I finally continued my temperature shawl. It is exciting to see how the design unfolds now that we have reached warmer temperatures and a different colour scheme. I will post a photo next week.




On Sunday, I visited Ottawa’s Ornamental Gardens with my family. The Ornamental Gardens are situated at the Central Experimental Farm in Ottawa, Ontario. At the moment, the peonies and irises are in full bloom. There are also some amazing trees. I wish I had been able to spent the day painting, but I am happy that I did have a change to take some pictures of the breathtaking beauty. I have to go back with my painting buddies. 




While I still did not manage to paint outside, I was able to continue the tree painting that I started during my knife painting workshop a couple of weeks ago. I showed the participants the use of different kind of painting knives to bring texture and energy to a painting. As I use student grade paint during the workshop I added a layer of professional grade paint when I reworked the trees and roots. Hopefully, I will be able to show you the finished work next week.




Inspired by some beautiful pansies at an ice cream shop, I also finished a yellow one and created a pink one on my table runner.

As life’s pace is usually slower in summer, I would like to invite you to bring more creativity into your life. From Monday to Friday during the month of July, I will post 15 minute art projects on my Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/KerstinPetersPaintings/ that will hopefully inspire you to follow along or to practice whatever inspires you. Is there a technique or a medium that you always wanted to try out? If you have any suggestions, please leave a comment or send me an email to kpeters@domingoinformatics.ca.






No comments:

Post a Comment