Dog

Dog

Friday 8 June 2018

Creativity Challenge - Week 23

Blog 23

Climax, acrylic, 10" x 10"

Last weekend, I finally made it back into my studio to paint. I finished the tulip painting that I had started at the beginning of April. It felt so good to be painting. I had hoped to paint a second time this week, as my friends and I had plans to paint at the Cumberland Heritage Village Museum, but these plans fell through due to the days of rain.



Instead I met with one of my friends for a craft morning. She was knitting and I felted a blue lupin. Later, I also continued to work on the poppies that I had started last week.



During the “Cartooning and Comics” classes, I demonstrated scenes 3 and 4 for all three groups. All but my 5 - 7 year old students were able to finish their comics this week.


At the beginning of the week, I met with my artist friend Anne Warburton to collaborate on a blog post. We were both very excited about working together and had a lovely chat. However, it was quite out of our comfort zone to record the session, but we did it anyway. It is not perfect, but it shows us in an authentic way. I am sure we will get better with time. You will be able to see the video and read the blog in a couple of weeks.


If you would like try something new, I would like to inform you about my first outdoor painting party in the beautiful environment of the Humanics Sanctuary and Sculpture Park in the idyllic Cumberland Village.The painting party is open to everyone who enjoys the peacefulness and beauty of nature to get inspired to create their own artwork; it will be a lasting memory that will bring continuous joy to their home. This is an event to connect with others, relax and have fun. I will guide the participants in creating a beautiful lotus painting. No experience is necessary. All the materials are provided for you.

The fee of $ 42.50 includes all materials and the admission to the sculpture park for the day. Parking is free. If you would like more information please contact me by email to kpeters@domingoinformatics.ca. To reserve your spot please send an e-transfer to kpeters@domingoinformatics.ca. Don't forget to send a separate email with the security answer.


No comments:

Post a Comment