Dog

Dog

Friday 14 December 2018

Advent Calendar - Days 8 - 14

Blog 50

Here is the second part of my Advent Calendar. Only 10 days left until Christmas. Are you ready for the holidays? I finished all my courses this week and plan to paint every day next week. I hope you have scheduled some time to relax and have fun into your busy days. Maybe, my artworks will take you onto memory lane, or will inspire you to put another item onto your bucket list of places to visit or skills to learn.


Day 8:
I started the bunny as a demo piece for a workshop, but it turned out to be too complicated and time-consuming. As a reference photo, I used the bunny that I painted many years ago. For the workshop, I ended up creating an easier version of a bunny.



Day 9:
The 14” x 11” “Sacred Places” shows the “Église Saint-Louis de Kamouraska” and some of the houses that are the owners’ safe haven. I am happy that I finally also finished this 2011 oil painting that I had brought to Kamouraska a couple of times to finish it on a rainy day.


Day 10:
“Beautiful Weeds” is a 7” x 5” oil painting that I created on the bank of the St. Lawrence River in L'Islet-sur-Mer. I was fascinated by the beauty of the flowers that seemed to consist of tiny little pearls. The funny thing is that I had never seen these weeds before our trip but found them growing not far from our house on a walk just after my return from Kamouraska.

Day 11:
I created this little watercolour painting during my trip to Germany sitting in my parents' garden. Watercolours are great for traveling because you do not need a lot of equipment.



Day 12:
I created "Sunny Kamouraska" on the last day of our Kamouraska painting trip. Marje and I decided to stay in Kamouraska, and went to the “Chemin Pelletier” and painted the view towards the church. As it was already quite warm in the sun at 10am, we made sure that we set up in the shade. However, due to the wind, I felt cold quickly and put my socks, boots, and winter coat back on. However, as soon as the sun reached us, I had to set up an umbrella to keep cool as temperatures kept climbing until they reached 30 degrees by 4pm.


Day 13:
The 14” x 13” x 6” felted water lily took me a lot of time and is not for sale. However, I can show you how to make your own. If you are interested in felting workshops, please contact me at kpeters@domingoinformatics.ca.


Day 14:
The 8" x 10" oil painting "Rocky Shores, St-Roch-des-Aulnaies" was created at the “Havre du Quai” in St-Roch-des-Aulnaies on September 10, 2018. It was one of the few days when we hardly had any wind, which is very uncharacteristically for the region.

If you are still looking for the perfect Christmas gift, all paintings that are listed above are still for sale. I also offer gift cards for workshops and painting parties. For more information please contact me at kpeters@domingoinformatics.ca.



Until Saturday, December 15, 2018 at 6pm, I am also offering five of my paintings that I created during the painting parties I held in a silent auction. They are all originals and all differ slightly from party to party but they are not any of my unique artworks that I usually offer on my website. Nevertheless, they make beautiful gifts for yourself or others that will bring joy for years. Plus, you will feel good about the money that you are donating to a worthy cause. 75% of the final bidding amount will be donated. Bidding starts at $40. If you are interested please visit my Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/KerstinPetersPaintings and look for my five posts of December 8, 2018 at 5:30pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment