Dog

Dog

Friday 29 March 2019

My March Art Projects


Blog 13

It is hard to believe that another month has passed. I would like to take this opportunity to share my creative projects of the month with you. Finding time to be creative was challenging as my parents visited us for a couple of weeks, and I had another cold that slowed me down. At least, it did not prevent me from continuing the back of my knitted cape, which is my own design. I will post a photo when it is finished.

Bouquet of Joy, acrylic, 20" x 16" unfinished
During the month, I started three new paintings, two are of flowers. The long winter makes me long for the bright colours of spring flowers and the green of the grass. The first bouquet of orange-red tulips inspired me to capture the beauty of the flowers in a 20” x 16” acrylic painting.








"Almost Nighttime", acrylic, 16" x 20", unfinished
For the painting demonstration at DeSerres at the St. Laurent Centre, I prepared the composition and rough block-in of colours for two paintings as I did not know what I would feel like painting: one image captures the last minutes before darkness fell over the St. Lawrence River in Kamouraska, the other the first daffodil of the year. In the end, I decided to paint the evening scene during the demonstration but continued the daffodil painting the following weekend. At the moment, I have six paintings that are waiting to be finished. My mood will guide me in picking the one that I want to work on during my time in the studio. Right now, I have a big longing for flowers and spring.

"The First Daffodil", acrylic, 12" x 12"


I took out my sketchbook on a couple of occasions. I created the sketch of the totem pole and of a man reading while waiting for a client. The sketches from “The King & I” are from memory as it was too dark during the event. I drew them during the intermission. "Marvin’s Room" at the Ottawa Little Theatre gave me lots of opportunities to sketch but in the second part, the actions on the scene got so intense that I forgot all about sketching.


















 
For my several Cartooning and Comics classes, I created drawings of Dog Man and Harry Potter as well as for the first two scenes of the comics that were the final project of my two groups of students. The one group picked Dog Man and the second Captain Underpants and Garfield as their main characters. The students had to create their own setting and finish the story with a third image.




I also picked up my felted version of our dog Alex again. I had to stop felting my dog last year when I ran out of fur. Our cat Miko loved snuggling with this smaller version of our big dog and started kneading the fur while ripping apart the body in the process. As cute as he looked sleeping with my felted dog, I have to admit that I was a little frustrated when I had to figure out where to start again. Two days ago, Miko almost succeeded again in taking my felted dog apart. I have to make sure that I keep my work locked away from him.



Talking about felting, I added another felted Easter egg workshop that is running on April 15, 2019, at 2pm. In this workshop, you can learn the relaxing and enjoyable process of needle felting. If you would like some more information and to register, please go to my website www.KerstinPeters.ca.

Have you started any new projects or would like to share a finished craft or artwork with me? I would love to see what you are creating. Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can help you in any way. You can either leave a comment or contact me directly at info@KerstinPeters.ca.




No comments:

Post a Comment