Dog

Dog

Friday 12 April 2019

Making Art More Accessible



Blog 15


For this week, I had a completely different blog planned, but then I experienced a week in which lots of smaller and bigger obstacles were put in my way, obstacles that needed my attention. Therefore, I was sitting in front of my computer on Thursday evening needing a blog for the next day. At first, I started to panic, but then I realized that I had to make the best out of the situation. Sometimes, life takes over and you have to deal with difficult incidents. In these situations, it is important to remember the joyful moments when living felt easy.

Last Sunday was a time like that. I hosted my first Art Cafe, an event that I created because I enjoy having guests, and I am on a mission to make art more accessible. Getting a group of people together around a nicely set table was the perfect setting to get to know each other while enjoying coffee/tea and some treats. These days, we spend more time connecting through social media than actually meeting people. I truly cherish the face to face conversations, and I feel that more and more people are looking to reconnect in person, instead of depending on video and social media communications. 

However, it was not only a social gathering. Many of us are so busy that we do not make time to be creative. I wanted to provide an inviting atmosphere for people to experience art. I had taken down the paintings that usually decorate our living room walls, and replaced them with flower paintings as inspiration for playful floral doodles. We were only a small group, but we had so much fun doodling. We shared lots of stories, laughed heartily, and were amazed at our very different and unique doodles. If you would like to be part of the next Art Cafe, please join me on June 9, 2019, at 3 pm. I am not sure what little project I will prepare, but I think, it will include old magazines and books. Please check my website www.KerstinPeters.ca for updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment