Dog

Dog

Friday 26 April 2019

My April Art Projects








Blog 17

I hope you had a lovely Easter weekend. For my family and I, it was very busy as we were cleaning out our vacation home that was mainly used by our visitors from Germany. Even though it was a small house, it was a lot of work. It is amazing how much stuff was accumulated over the years. On the other hand, we created many beautiful memories in this house. I also started a new contract as a German instructor and I am again teaching two Cartooning and Comics courses at François Dupuis Recreation Centre in Orleans. As April was also tax month, I did not have a lot of time for painting.

During the two “Felted Easter Egg” workshops, I had the pleasure of sharing the craft of felting with a group of people. Everyone left at least with one beautiful and unique Easter egg. I created four eggs.



I got my sketch out of my purse during a networking event, on the bus, and before the KISS concert, when I sketched the members of the group from a poster on a big screen. I sketched a lady on the bus on my way to the National Art Centre, and during the intermission of the Giselle ballet, I created a sketch a ballet dancer from memory.


"Bouquet of Joy", unfinished
I continued my work on the 20” x 16” acrylic painting of the tulip bouquet “Bouquet of Joy”.













For my Cartooning and Comics classes, I created drawings of a realistic and cartoon bunny, followed by a drawing of Bugs Bunny. Inspired by the children’s suggestion, I also attempted to create a cartoon version of myself. We also drew Batman from “The Lego Movie 2” and Toothless from the movie “How to Train a Dragon”.





still lots to colour
We were a small group for the very first Art Cafe, but we had a great time doodling flowers. If you would like to read more about the event, please go to my blog post “Making Art More Accessible”: https://kerstinpeterspaintingblog.blogspot.com/2019/04/making-art-more-accessible.html. If you would like to be part of the next Art Cafe, please join me on June 9, 2019.

unfinished 
 During the Celebrating Spring with Flowers workshop, I demonstrated painting flowers after studying Vincent van Gogh’s painting “Irises”. During the demonstration, it is not my intention to concentrate on my painting. Therefore, I still need to finish the painting that is a mixture of van Gogh’s and the Irises that I photographed last spring at the Ornamental Gardens in Ottawa.

This weekend, April 27 and 28, 2019, I will be participating in the Navan Fine Arts Exhibition and Sale in the Navan Memorial Centre Arena, ​1295 Colonial Road, Navan. For more information about the show and the participating artists and artisans please go to www.navanarts.com. We would love to see you and talk to you about our art.









No comments:

Post a Comment