Dog

Dog

Friday 4 October 2019

Painting Trip to Kamouraska 2019 - Part III

Wild Roses, acrylic, each image is 4" x 4"


Block 29


When this blog post is published, I will already be in Eganville, Ontario. I was very excited when I received the invitation from the Plein Air Ensemble organizers for the fall trip to Lake Clear and realized that I would be able to join the group after I missed the trips for two years. I will share a cottage with my friends  Hélène and Janis. I am happy to see my fellow Plein Air Ensemble painters again. This is my third fall trip to the Opeongo Mountain Resort and I have a feeling that the fall colours will be at its peak this time. Following is the last entry from my Kamouraska travelogue. I will tell you all about the Lake Clear trip in my blog of October 18, 2019.


St. Lawrence Riverbed, acrylic, 11" x 14"


Friday, September 13, 2019


Today was the last day in Kamouraska. The weather was great with lots of sunshine, even though the temperatures were a little cooler than yesterday. We started with a stop at the bakery, where I was too busy taking photos of two cats, one looking like a lion and a little black and white kitten.

Sweet Peas, acrylic, 5" x 7", unfinished
Hélène, Janis and I decided to stay in Kamouraska to paint the flowers of a private garden on avenue Chassé. After we finished the flower painting, we went to the new Champagne and Paradis Art Gallery where we looked at the current exhibition. The next stop was the Magasin Général Du Kamouraska, where I bought some gifts for my family. We enjoyed lunch at one of the picnic tables at avenue LeBlanc where we looked right out to the St Lawrence River. We decided to stay for painting. As the tide was out, I wanted to capture the image but it was an impossible race against time. The water came in so fast that my landscape was quickly underwater. I could hardly believe the quick changes of the water level. As it was so beautiful where we were, we stayed there for the rest of the afternoon. I created two more 4” x 4” paintings of wild roses so that I can have the three pictures now mounted as a set.   



We were back at the house at 5 pm. I changed and decided to go on a walk with Leslie. After a walk on Saturday that was cut short by the rain, I had not been for a walk the whole week. Leslie and I walked down the Avenue LeBlanc and watch the peaceful evening sky. Unfortunately, the clouds rolled in so that we were not able to see a sunset. At least it cleared up later so that we could see the Harvest moon.


In the evening, the owners of the house came for a personal vernissage and were impressed with the beautiful works we created during the week.

While the others plan to come back next September, I already know that I will not be able to join them in 2020, as I will go on a trip to Barcelona in Spain. I will miss them and hope to be back in 2021. Au revoir, Kamouraska. À la prochaine fois!


No comments:

Post a Comment