Dog

Dog

Friday 3 April 2020

I Am Here for You



Easter Mandala


Blog 8

Now, that we have been at home for a couple of weeks, how are you doing? Are you enjoying the time at home without having to rush out of the house? Or are you getting lonely without your friends and your regular routines? How can I help you right now to distract you from the scary news feeds so you feel more connected? Creating art is a wonderful way to relax, have fun and to dream of the possibilities ahead of us. Are you looking for short workshops where we create easy art projects together or are you looking for weekly art classes that are live and customized for your needs?


This past week, I have been working on creating some online courses. I will continue to offer short weekly workshops on Wednesday and Saturday and the weekly Crafters Afternoon. I still have to create a project for next week. It will once more be a Easter-themed project. Please check out my website www.KerstinPeters.ca. where I will post the project by Sunday. There is still time to register for this Saturday's session. You can register until 30 minutes before the event.


I also create some new courses for the months of May and June. The first course starting in May will be a collaboration of both my businesses. As you might know, I also teach German to all age groups and levels. Learn Basic German Through Art will be a six week course for children aged 6 - 12 consisting of two 40-minute Zoom classes per week. The children will learn to introduce themselves and identify and ask for things in their house. Each class will consist of an art project that is related to the vocabulary of each class. While I will provide all the language related materials, the children have to come equipped with pencils, coloured pencils, markers or crayons and white paper. As I am testing out this programme for the first time, I will give a 50% discount for the first group. Groups will run with a minimum of four and a maximum of six children. For the first course the fee is $60 per child. After this first run, the fee will go up to $120 per child.

Once I told some of my adult friends about this new course, they were also very interested. Therefore, I will offer the same course also for everyone who is 13 and up. The price will also be the same for the first course.




On Monday, May 4 and 11, 2020, I will also host the first online needle felting course. We will create three-dimensional spring flowers that can either be realistic or your invented species. I will post a list of materials and suppliers on my website this weekend as you probably have to order the materials online. The course will be delivered through the Zoom platform. Once you have registered, you can let me know which flower you would like to create.

I will post further details for both courses on my website www.KerstinPeters.ca and on Facebook  by Monday, April 6, 2020.


Please do not hesitate to reach out to me at info@KerstinPeters.ca. In the meantime, I invite you to also check out my Facebook pages https://www.facebook.com/KerstinPetersPaintings/ and https://www.facebook.com/Germanapplied/.


No comments:

Post a Comment