Dog

Dog

Friday 27 March 2020

Art Instruction During a Crisis


Blog 7

When I wrote the last blog, most of us had no idea how drastically our lives would change due to the COVID-19 pandemic. For most of us, our daily routines are disrupted with the shift of working from home or even losing our job. We are bombarded non-stop with scary new updates. People are afraid of getting sick and not having enough groceries (let alone toilet paper). Then, there are the very real issues of not being able to pay their bills. The necessity of social distancing is hard for everyone, especially people who live alone. Many people thrive on interactions with family, friends, and colleagues. I am lucky that my immediate family is close, but I miss the rest of my family and my friends. I am happy for all the new ways we can connect. When I came to Canada almost 25 years ago, we were not able to write emails or use Skype and Zoom for video calls. Overseas phone calls were expensive. As these are stressful times, please embrace the existing technologies to stay in touch. Please do not hesitate to contact me. I am still here for you.

As creativity helps to reduce stress, I have created short online workshops that are suitable for the whole family. Due to the online format, you can join us from all over the world. I will prepare a new project every week that we will create together. Once you have registered, I will send you a link for the live session. I will be using the Zoom platform. To make sure that you do not have to go out hunting for materials, I will pick items that most people have at home.

Here are the upcoming projects:


Saturday, March 28, 2020, 11 am: Easter Mandala

Materials:
  •  paper, 
  • pencil, 
  • coloured pencils
  • markers
  • compass
  • eraser

Registration: https://www.kerstinpeters.ca/product/easter-mandala/

When you register, I will also send you the image of the mandala that I created in case you would like to use this for the workshop.


Wednesday, April 1, 2020, 3 pm and April, 4, 2020, 11 am : Easter Doodle

Materials:
  • paper, 
  • pencil,
  • coloured pencils
  • markers
  • eraser

Registration: https://www.kerstinpeters.ca/product/easter-doodle/

I will also send you the image of the egg that I created in case you would like to use this for the workshop. You can certainly create your very own egg.

All future events might be switched to a virtual format depending on the COVID-19 situation. In the event of a virtual session, I will reduce the fee as you will have to buy your materials.

While most of what we are experiencing is scary, I hope that we will also thrive on the positive changes: less hectic, more time for hobbies, to learn something new, and to spend time together as a family.

No comments:

Post a Comment