Dog

Dog

Friday 15 January 2021

 

Breaking Through The Ice, unfinished



Blog 2


Like every January for the past couple of years, I started with a Creativity Challenge to get back into a creative routine after the holidays when we spent time with family. This year, we stayed at home. Nevertheless, the addition of a puppy, Shadow, to our family in early December brought lots of excitement and adjustments to our daily routine. I am happy that I have a walking buddy again. On the other hand, a young puppy needs more training and supervision than an older dog.


We all have things happening in our lives that present obstacles to being more creative, more active, or to achieve any other of your goals. It is a matter of priorities. You can always make up excuses. With very few exceptions, I worked on something creative every day for the past two weeks. For January, I will publish one post with the story about my 25 years in Canada, followed by an update on my Creativity Challenge.


Here is a summary of my past projects:


I created an oil pastel drawing of Olaf dancing on the ice and an outline drawing of a polar bear for an upcoming art class.


While looking at our advent wreath, I was inspired by the reflection of the candles in the Christmas balls so that I created a quick oil pastel sketch one day after breakfast.


During my weekly Zoom meetings with my painting friends, I finished a sketch of one of the old trees on our property using watercolour pencils.



This week, I painted a watercolour painting of a bog.


During one of my classes, I created a 14” x 11” winter sunset with acrylic paints.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 As I want to concentrate more on felting this year, I continued working on my pear still life and a felted version of my painting Breaking the Ice (see above). Both are unfinished.




During the January Art Cafe, I created my goal mandala for the year 2020. Did you know that people who write down smart goals are much more likely to achieve them? If you are writing down your goals, you have to think about what you want to achieve and this way you get a clearer picture of what you want. I put my beautiful mandala next to my desk to have my goals always in front of me.


I would like to know what you are creating at the moment. Did you already start a new project in 2021?


I finished the second week with some work on my acrylic painting Low Tide from the 2019 trip to Kamouraska. The rocks still need some work, but I am happy with the progress.








No comments:

Post a Comment