Dog

Dog

Friday 29 July 2022

Orange Lily Paintings

Orange Lilies, acrylic on gallery canvas, 8″ x 8″, CAN $ 200

 
Abundance of Colour: Orange Lily Paintings


I love the bright orange lilies that bloom at different spots on our property, probably because orange is one of my favourite colours. I love the shape of the petals and the colour variations inside of the flowers trumpet. 

When my children were small, I started created little paintings of flowers during the summer as I knew that I would not have the time for a large painting. For many years, I kept this tradition. I created the acrylic painting of the lilies first.

Orange Lily, wool, 8.5” x 11“, custom-matted for a 12" x 16" frame, CAN $ 375


One day, while looking at the painting, I was intrigued to create the same colour intensity with wool. The process is very different. When you paint, you can mix two colours to make a third one. By varying the amount of each colour, your mixed colour will be darker or lighter, cooler or warmer colour.

With wool rovings, you have to take the different coloured rovings. You put them on top of each other and start ripping them apart over and over again until you achieve the desired blend.

Are you looking to bring some colour into your house to lift your mood? Both paintings are for sale. You can purchase them from the comfort of your home by going to my website https://www.kerstinpeters.ca/make-a-payment/. All prices are in Canadian dollars, and you can pay by credit card, PayPal or e-transfer. The shipping fees are not included and depend on the destination. For questions, contact me at info@KerstinPeters.ca.

No comments:

Post a Comment