Dog

Dog

Friday 13 January 2023

Aligned Core Values

watercolour pencil and ink

 

Blog 2


Art has always been my way to capture the beauty of nature. After I immigrated to Canada, it became my means to express myself without words in difficult and memorable times, a personal retreat.

The vision for my business has become much more than providing beauty with my art. It reflects my experiences of using art to cope, explore and capture my surroundings. 


As an entrepreneur, I represent my business. What I offer reflects my personal values. During the past year, I have gained a clearer picture of the purpose of my business. My core values give you transparency in my focus and whether your expectations align with my values.


Here are my five Core Values that are the foundation of my business:




My Creativity Challenge  (see more information in Blog 1) serves to connect and share my daily art. I want you to become curious about creative expression to enrich your life.


Looking at the drawings from the past week, I admit it usually took much longer than the 15 to 30 minutes I had planned. Once I start, I forget the time. I am also still working to overcome the urge for perfectionism.

 

 

Let me give you an example: On January 6, I had fish and chips for lunch. I wanted to capture a memory with a drawing but struggled because the parts of the image were indistinguishable. I was unhappy with the result, which haunted me until I added colour. Together with the other picture that day, I spent more than three hours on the two images. It was not my intention, but I enjoyed the process.


How have you expressed yourself today today? Please share a picture and any frustrations or successes. Send an email to info@KerstinPeters.ca if you want to talk about ways to collaborate.


No comments:

Post a Comment