Dog

Dog

Friday 6 January 2023

Be Creative 2023

 

Three Poppies, wool, 8.75" x 12", CAN $450

Blog 1


Many of us have plans and good intentions at the beginning of the new year. Do you want to be more creative? What does it mean for YOU to be more creative? How much time do you want to spend creating?


Do you want to learn a new skill and need to take a course to reach your goal, or join a community to get you inspired?


You need to block time in your calendar until it has become routine, or you might make excuses that other tasks are more urgent. To succeed, set yourself a realistic goal. Can you set aside fifteen minutes daily?



I start the year again with my Creativity Challenge to get back into a creative routine after the holidays. I plan to create for 15 – 30 minutes daily, especially when I don’t have time for my paintings. Some will be sketches or experiments to try new materials or techniques. Usually, I would not post all of them, but I want to share that not everything I do looks as accomplished as my needle-felted or acrylic paintings (see at top).


Is one of your goals to make more time for creativity? If you are curious about needle felting, I invite you to my upcoming virtual workshops:


Felting Experience – Snowman

Sunday, January 29, 2023, 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm

Felting Experience – Winter Landscape

Saturday, February 5 and 12, 2023, 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm

Needle felting is so much fun and very relaxing. You will be amazed at what you can create with wool.


No comments:

Post a Comment