Dog

Dog

Friday 14 July 2023

Creativity on Vacation



 Wild White Roses, watercolour and watercolour pencil, 5.8” x 8.3”

Blog  29


I spent the last week at the cottage. First, our children visited with friends, including a puppy. Then, my husband’s siblings with their families came. While I love the lively company around the table, I need alone time. When the others left to spend the day on the beach or hiking, I set up my supplies on the patio, pressed start on my audiobook and started painting.


During the slower summer months, I always attempt to finish some artworks from previous outings or painting sessions. Therefore, I brought a pile of unfinished watercolour paintings from my Zoom sessions with my Painting Buddies and one from my visit to Ripley’s Aquarium in Toronto, which my daughter and I had wanted to visit for years. 



I finished five paintings and created the image of a soft-boiled egg for the topic of my least favourite food for the Creative Summer Project. 



For the Creative Summer Project, I post one subject on my Facebook page every Tuesday to inspire you to express your creativity. Sometimes, it will be an object, other times an interpretation of a mood, sound or situation. You can use any medium and style to participate.


When I was younger, I could spend hours lying on the beach. Nowadays, I enjoy some time in the meditative mood of the softly moving water when I am not swimming. Sometimes, I bring a book, but usually, I feel the urge to capture an object that interests me or the mood of the day. I never get enough of the clouds and light reflections on the water, even though we spent our one-week summer vacation of the last fifteen years at the same spot. The results from this trip are a lifesaver on a pole and Wednesday's sunny sky. As a bonus, I drew my youngest niece during her nap.



I also created a quick sketch of my husband fishing, with our daughter and our dog Shadow keeping him company. Capturing Shadow was especially tricky because he raced happily between my husband’s spot and mine on a rock on the other side of the little bay. Watching him and his joy for life always makes me happy.


Do you finish all your projects immediately, or do you have a pile of unfinished projects waiting for your attention?


I invite you to my Creative Connection for Artists and Crafters at https://www.facebook.com/groups/creativeconnectionforartistsandcrafters if you long for a supportive and inspirational community.


No comments:

Post a Comment