Dog

Dog

Friday 21 July 2023

Summer of Creativity Project

 



Blog 30



A couple of months ago, I posted weekly creativity tips on Facebook. During the summer months, after I rediscovered the book "642 Things to Draw", I wanted to challenge myself to draw and paint different subjects than those that usually attract me.


We tend to levitate towards subjects and techniques we already master well. Whenever I prepare my children's courses, the requests from the kids force me to get out of my comfort zone. Often I have not even heard of the characters they want to draw. Creating some of these feels uncomfortable, but I enjoy the challenge and always learn something new.


Some topics may appear challenging or uninteresting for an artwork. Consider ways to make your piece more engaging. Maybe, it is a perfect time to try a new technique, like a venture into cubism or surrealism.


You don't need certain materials. Last week, I used children's crayons to demonstrate that you can use any supplies available. Not having special equipment should never stop you from making art. If you create art for sale, the quality of your materials and following the rules of working with different mediums are crucial to guarantee that your art will be lasting. When you are experimenting, you can mix and match. Some materials will not work together, but you might also discover exciting effects.


Whether you add a lot of detail or create a quick line drawing depends not only on your style but also on the purpose of the work. Maybe, you want to mark the content of a box. In this case, drawing a detailed image would be too time-consuming and unnecessary. Otherwise, if you wanted to draw a design pattern for a new fork series, you wanted to be as detailed as possible.


Here is a collage of the my June images:





It would be fun if you would join me in the adventure. I will post one subject each Tuesday to get the creativity flowing. Sometimes, it will be an object, other times an interpretation of a mood, sound or situation. You can use any medium and style. Get your kids, grandchildren or friends involved. Art is even more fun when you create together.


Who is ready to join? Check out my Facebook page for my Tuesday posts.


I invite you to join my group, Creative Connection for Artists and Crafters, on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/creativeconnectionforartistsandcrafters. You can also post your images directly in the comments to my Tuesday posts. Have fun with it!


No comments:

Post a Comment