Dog

Dog

Thursday 5 February 2015

Creative Challenge Part 3

Blog 3, January 23, 2015


Welcome to my blog! If you have followed me the last two weeks, you have seen my successes and shortcomings during my January 2015 Creativity Challenge. My goal was to create a new art piece every day.  Last week, I already revised that goal to working on an artwork every day because I realized that the quality of my artwork is more important to me than just producing a large quantity.


This week, I started really well by drawing a seal and a killer whale in preparation for my kids drawing class.
 
  


















Sunday, I created a Valentine’s Day doodle for my upcoming “Creativity & Me” workshop on January 31, 2015 from 1pm to 4pm at my house in Cumberland. I would like to host one workshop a month with different art projects to bring not only more creativity into my life but also yours. We will create an artwork while chatting, and enjoying some goodies. I would like it to feel very cozy like a coffee date  with friends and have limited the number of participants to 12. If you would like to join me, please contact me through Facebook or directly at kpeters@DomingoInformatics.ca.




Monday, I did not feel like painting or drawing at all after I found out that I would not be able to join my painting buddies on our yearly fall trip to Kamouraska, and that our family March Break vacations plans also fell  through.  All my frustration was vented by shredding the piles of papers I wanted to get rid off for a while.


However, I was back in the studio on Tuesday and Thursday working on my sunset painting. This is the stage it is in right now.  Next week, I hope to finish it but working on the snow will still be a big job.





Wednesday, the only thing I drew was the demonstration for my kids in the drawing course as I had a lot of office work to do.  Being an artist does after all not only mean that I paint and draw.  I also have to make sure to register in time for my exhibitions and shows, do marketing for my courses and events, write my blogs and artletter as well as do my bookkeeping.


Thursday night, I also started a watercolour pencil drawing of a  seaside destination. After all the cold days lately, I would not mind spending a couple of days under the warm sun.




Next week will already be the last week of the Creativity Challenge. I hope you stay tuned in.



If you enjoyed today's blog I would love to hear from you. Please leave me a comment in my guest book http://www.kerstinpeters.ca/guest-book.htm or on my Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/KerstinPetersPaintings.



To hear more about my career, please go to my website www.KerstinPeters.ca where you can read the previous blogs. There, you can also sign up to my monthly newsletter and receive my free eBook “I Am Ready To Paint, But Where Do I Start?” as a token of my appreciation.




No comments:

Post a Comment