Dog

Dog

Friday 18 September 2020

Blog-free Week

Sunny Kamouraska

Acrylic, 11” x 14”, $375

 


 

For the past ten years, I have spent this week in Kamouraska with some of my painting buddies. We have always rented the same house and spent a whole week painting in the area around Kamouraska. A painter's dream! Well, not this year. I miss the painting time with my friends and hope that we will be able to paint the beautiful landscape along the Saint Laurence River for many more years together. At least, I have lots of beautiful pictures that keep the memories alive.

 

This year, I was supposed to be in Barcelona right now, my favourite city. I love the works of Gaudi. I was looking forward to seeing his fantastic artworks again, especially the progress at La Sagrada Familia. I visited the cathedral about thirty years ago. My father-in-law and I had planned the trip for ten years. I am disappointed that it was cancelled, but there will be another chance to go. At the moment, it is more important to do our part to stay safe even though it is hard if your family lives far away and you do not know when you will be able to see them again.

 

I could focus on the negative, but instead, I choose to go to some the neighbourhood spots and my backyard to paint. You can find beauty everywhere. I hope you will go out this weekend and look around your neighbourhood with a fresh look. Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment