Dog

Dog

Friday 26 February 2021

Blog-free Week

Flamboyance, wool, 9” x 12”

 

This week, I send out my latest newsletter with all the information about my art and the latest artworks. I had everything ready a day before to avoid stressing out about some last-minute technical problems. I only wanted to finish my last painting, add the photo and send the newsletter out.

I had a lot of fun putting the final touches on my image. I was enjoying myself handling the wool, watching the heavy snowfall, and listening to an audiobook.

It was already dark when I finished the artwork. Usually, this is not a problem, but yesterday I could not achieve a photo that showed the colours even remotely to what they are. I got very frustrated. I tried different camera settings, even got out another camera and my phone. No matter what I tried, I could not get it right. The photo looked good on the camera display, but as soon as I uploaded it on the computer, the colours were too light. Instead of letting it go, I wasted a lot of time because I wanted to get it perfect. In the end, I had to be ready to go with the best I could achieve at the moment.

The next morning, I took another photo of the artwork in natural light, with much better results. I guess the light from the ceiling lamps influenced the colours of my image. When I looked at the new photo, I was reminded of my early artworks and realized that at all times, I created the best art I was capable of at the time. This realization is correct for personal and business decisions. It is easy to lament our mistakes. Should we not be more lenient with ourselves? It is comforting to know that our struggles will help us to learn and grow. Let us relax and enjoy the journey instead of trying to be perfect! This way, there is always room to improve.

If you are interested in learning how relaxing and fun needle felting is, I invite you to my new needle felted painting workshop starting on March 10, 2021, at 2 pm. For more information, please go to https://www.kerstinpeters.ca/product/felting-experience-felted-paintings/.










No comments:

Post a Comment