Dog

Dog

Friday 10 February 2023

Create Community for Fun and Inspired Success



Blog 7


Teamwork in a community provides support and inspiration because you have the accountability and the brain power of many, and it’s much more fun.
 

When you have a solid support system, you have people to celebrate with you when things are going well and help you through challenging periods. Many studies have shown that having close relationships improves your health and chances for a long and happy life.


I have always had close relationships with my family and friends. How much their support meant to me became more evident after I moved to Canada, when I felt very lost. I realized fast that I needed to find a new community of people with similar values and interests.


I registered for art classes to meet people and improve my skills. I had taken art classes in Germany and felt that my language barriers would not matter in the safe environment of art. While I enjoyed the classes, I didn’t connect with other participants, but I revived my love for painting. Even though creating art is simultaneously exhilarating and peaceful, if you stay in your home or studio, it is solitary.


My situation changed when I joined a local art organization, where I found a wonderful mentor and first acquaintances. I gained knowledge and confidence. Another artist invited me to join her and some friends at a plein air meeting. The other painters were very welcoming.


While some members have turned to other activities, I am still friends with most of the original group. During the past almost 20 years, we have become close friends who support each other in life’s situations.


I strive to provide the same supportive community for my students. We all work toward the same goal. You want to learn a skill, and I want you to succeed. The real magic happens when we get together with others to help each other. We all have our weaknesses and strengths, and we can use these to reach the mutual goal of improving our skills.


If you want to find out more about joining my community, book a coffee date to connect and see if I can help you reach your goals.


P.S. Here are the images of the daily art I created this week: 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment