Dog

Dog

Friday 24 February 2023

I Am Too Busy to Create Art




Blog 9

At the beginning of January, I started my yearly Creativity Challenge to encourage myself to create a small artwork every day. I managed to keep on track until the end the January.

I could make the excuse that I was too busy as I had a full schedule, but in reality, I prioritized other things or was too ambitious in picking a subject to get started. However, often the simple things make exciting subjects, as you can see from the drawing of the kiwi I created this week.

There are always things that you need to do. I still attempt to worry less about perfection and be more spontaneous. Can you relate? What struggles do you face when you work on a project?

I will continue to share my daily art in my blogs. I might pick a specific subject for a week to practice different styles and use various materials. Is there a subject that you would like me to explore? Please send your suggestions to info@KerstinPeters.ca.

Here is a selection of my daily art from the past week:



I encourage you to pick up a pencil and paper to explore patterns and colours. Have a mug of coloured pencils and markers in reach. You can create images of things that are on your mind or in your surroundings, exploring different mediums. In the beginning, it might feel challenging or even frustrating to get started. However, the more you draw, the more it feels liberating and the more ideas you will get. 


I would love to see what you have created in the past two months. If you are on Facebook, I invite you to join the private group Creative Connection for Artists and Crafters. This group is for creative people who want to connect with other like-minded people.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment