Dog

Dog

Friday 3 February 2023

Art, the Compelling Connector


Blog 6


Today, I write about my third Core Value: Connection.


People need relationships to thrive. While there are personal and cultural differences in the way we define connections and our need for them, there is no doubt that they improve our quality of life.


Art is a compelling connector. Artists use their art to relate to themselves and others. They create or join groups to work with like-minded artists and show their art to connect with their audience to build these connections.


Art is everywhere in the forms of visual, literary and performing arts. Different art forms offer diverse creative outlets to express ourselves. By sharing their art, artists enrich our lives by adding diversity and excitement.


In the following paragraphs, I will demonstrate the power of art as a connector from the view of a visual artist like myself.


Artists pay close attention to their environment and the changes that happen. They see things many people overlook. From my experience, I can tell you that this connection is even stronger when I paint outside and become part of the environment. Nature’s energy inspires and energizes me. I forget everything but the subject I am painting.


Art opens doors for connection through conversations with the community. Every artwork contains a piece of the energy the artist puts into it and has a story. People want to identify with it to pass it on to others. It is a magical moment when your art touches someone, and their face lights up.


People purchase art because of the emotions and bonds they feel. They see their dreams and experiences reflected in the image. They might associate the image with cherished memories or are attracted to the subject and mood.


Art students connect based on trust in the instructor and the right chemistry. Communication serves to strengthen the bond to help them succeed.


Art is also a tool to bridge language barriers when a lack of language skills or trauma prevents us from expressing ourselves with words. Art serves to visualize ideas and dreams. Everyday uses for mapping out directions and thoughts, describing objects or illustrating mathematical divisions are visual communications.


Art creates a powerful connection and encourages understanding, whether artists capture the beauty of their environment, historical moments or expressions of opinions about social events. If artists hide their works, they commit a disservice to their community. They take away an opportunity to connect.

 

If you want to connect with me,  book a coffee date to chat. 



P. S. Here are the artworks from this week. As I had to prepare for my art classes, I created images of subjects I would usually not draw.



No comments:

Post a Comment